|Suggested Uses Of Materials
Here are just a few ways you can use these materials:
- Show a motivational application at the beginning of the class while students are settling in or at the end
of the hour when students have completed their assignments. Use an overhead, LCD, or opaque projector to display applications or hand out printed copies.
- Allow students to earn extra credit by writing about applications from this site. For example, you could allow
the student to earn up to 4 points extra credit by writing a minimum of 40 words per application on up to 4 applications.
- Assign writing projects that require the student to do further research on an assigned application
or an application of their choice.
- Invite guest speakers to your classroom that can further explain direct and indirect benefits of
math and/or deductive and analytical thinking processes acquired through mathematics.
- Design an enrichment class around the applications.