Linear Equations - Bonus Question
Identify the correct equation in order to determine the original
- I was driving toward California at X miles an hour. I drove at
this speed for 2 hours.
- I doubled my speed to get there quicker and drove for 3 hours.
- I had to stop for a half hour after getting pulled over by the
highway patrol. I then reduced my speed to what it was before
doubling and proceeded on for another 3 hours.
- I got stuck in slow traffic and had to reduce my speed in half
for 2 hours.
- I stopped for 1 hour for lunch.
- I resumed at my original speed of X miles an hour for 3 hours
and arrived at my destination 1000 miles from where I started.